This peanut butter banana bread is a fabulous homemade treat that can be enjoyed any time of the day. The earthy depth of nutmeg and cinnamon melt in the mouth when paired with our slow-roasted and stone ground smooth peanut butter is a treat to ravish.
This is an incredibly simple but delicious recipe and even children can make it.
- 3 large very ripe Bananas
- 60 ml Oil (any oil of your choice)
- 100g Brown Sugar/Caster Sugar or Coconut Sugar
- 100g The Nib & Nut Co. Creamy Peanut Butter
- 250g Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 pinch of Salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C - 200C (no fan).
- Grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper. (if you don’t have a loaf tin you can also use a round or square cake tin as well)
- Mash the bananas and sugar with a fork.
- Add the oil and peanut butter, and whisk until everything is combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and a pinch of salt and fold in with a spatula. (Optional: if you want your bread to have a little crunch and a bite you can add a handful of toasted and crushed peanuts to this mix).
- Transfer the banana bread mixture to the lined loaf tin, cover the top with foil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil lid and bake for a further 15 minutes, or until the knife or skewer come out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin before transferring it, as it will be incredibly delicate while warm.
- Cut into thick or thin slices based on your preference. Spread some Creamy or Crunchy The Nib & Nut Co. Peanut Butter and enjoy.